The Trump administration is charging asylum seekers in criminal court and treating their children as “unaccompanied minors.” This departure from decades of border policy has led to children being separated from their parents—mainly mothers—who cross the border fleeing violence and conflict in their home countries. Thousands of children who have arrived at the border have been separated from their parent. Children are being held in licensed detention centers, and soon, in temporary tent housing near a border station. Without communication structures in place, parents are often deported without any news of their children who continue to be held by the federal government.
- Action Alert: Immigration Vote Expected Thursday in the House June 20, 2018
- Phone Script for Calls to Congress on Goodlatte and Ryan Bills June 20, 2018
- TX House Speaker Straus: “This is Not a Binary Choice” June 19, 2018
- How Did We Get Here? June 16, 2018
- This Problem is Not Legislative June 16, 2018
- What’s Going On? June 14, 2018
- News and Updates (6)